Hans Schmidt

For a long time, this wreck was known as the Istria, because its true name was not known. It was built in 1920 in the Netherlands (under the name of the Albireo), but it carries the name of its last owner from Germany. This cargo steamship was ripped in two by an explosion when it struck an underwater anti-watercraft mine on 23.01.1943. On its fatal voyage, it was transporting armament and ammunition. Particularly interesting and of historical interest is the special type of anchor that has not been in production for more than 100 years.

  • Distance from diving centre: 9 NM
  • Max depth: 43 m
  • Min depth: 35 m
  • Length: 99 m
  • Width: 11,5 m